Sunday, November 28, 2010

Inspiration

My inspiration lies within me.  It is the feeling I get when I take a picture.  The feeling I get when I see my photos on the computer screen.  The countless hours I can spend developing a picture to make it look perfectly pleasing to me.  I rarely have time to pay attention to beautiful things.  Either that, or beauty always seems fleeting.  So I try to recreate it or explain it.  That's what I try to do with photography.  My eyes see things a certain way.  A sunset, the sky, a smiling face, a pensive look--those things are beautiful to me because of what they mean to me inside; because of who I am inside; because of the meaning I give to it inside.  With my photography, I am attempting to recreate for others the beauty I see in the world through my eyes.  It is capturing the unseen and the unnoticed.  It is capturing emotion, meaning and significance.  It is capturing time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment